How can we help?
If you are looking for support for our PokaTheme, this is the place!
- January 14, 2021 at 10:28 am #12333
Hello, a few questions. This is my first website with WordPress so sorry in advance if the questions are stupid. I have bought a slotbonus theme and everything is almost done except I have a few problems:
1. https://demos.pokatheme.com/slotsbonus/category/news/ On the right side there are “best casino bonuses” list and after the list there is “View complete list”. Where can I translate this into Finnish? Also below that there is latest news list and a button “read all”. Where can i translate the button text?
2. https://demos.pokatheme.com/slotsbonus/review/888poker/ I have a lot of casino reviews and due to SEO i would like to have that “Review” part in the link in finnish. How can I change that part of permalink into different text?
3. https://demos.pokatheme.com/slotsbonus/ on the main page right corner there is “search” box. Where can i translate this?
4. https://demos.pokatheme.com/slotsbonus/list/best-rated-casinos/ when you explore the website and let say you go to best rated casinos, there will be a text “Home>Best rated casinos” on the top of the page. Where can I change that “home” into different language?
5. https://demos.pokatheme.com/slotsbonus/ on the bottom of the page there is “latest news” and “read more” below that, where can i change the text for “read more”
Thanks a lot in advance!January 14, 2021 at 10:53 am #12354
Please find my answers below:
1. All the static string of the theme are translated with the official WP guidelines. A guide: https://pokatheme.com/topic/how-to-createedit-language-packs/
2. You can change the “review” part via Theme Settings -> Translations -> Review post type slug
3. Same as 1.
4. Same as 1.
5. Same as 1.January 14, 2021 at 1:51 pm #12362
I found this https://pokatheme.com/topic/page-not-found-wpml/
If i change the review Slug it completely messes the website. So do i have to buy the WPML in order to change that?
Also, I will download the Poedit and translate the PO file. After I am done, I will save the .po file for instance “Finnish translation” and where I have to upload it in wordpress that the translations will show on my website?January 18, 2021 at 10:47 am #12393
Do you want to have your site in multiple languages or do you want to translate your site?
Also what do you mean it messes your site?January 18, 2021 at 11:13 am #12394
I want my website only in finnish so no multiple languages. I have translated the -po file and .mo file but dont know where to upload those two files now?
If i change the “review” slug and then press the review button it doesnt find the actual review. “Page Not Found
Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.”January 18, 2021 at 11:17 am #12395
Now the site works. It took a few minutes when i changed the review slug but now it works.
So if i could get a reply to where in wordpress i should upload the .po and .mo files so the rest of the translations work?January 21, 2021 at 1:08 pm #12422
You can add the po/mo files in your wp-content/themes/pokatheme/languages folder with filename the language or inside wp-content/languages/themes/pokatheme-fi.mo
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.